Kankakee, IL – November 4, 2019 through November 8, 2019 is National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week. National Animal Shelter Appreciation week recognizes shelters who provide care and help animals find forever homes. To help a good cause, the City of Kankakee is collecting donations for the Kankakee County Animal Control in Kankakee.
“Animals play an important role in our families and we want to make sure that we do not neglect their needs, especially during this giving season. Many of our City employees are very passionate about the needs of animals and during National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week, we look forward to helping out in any way we can,” said Mayor Wells-Armstrong.
Collection bins where items can be dropped off have been placed in the City’s administration building, Public Safety Building and the Kankakee Economic and Community Development Agency located in the Kankakee Public Library.
Donations that are needed are as follows:
· Dog food (Fromm Family Classic brand- All life stage)
· Canned food
· Large towels and blankets
· Dog toys and balls
· Pig ears and rawhides
· Raw bones
· Kong treat filters
· Dog treats
· Stainless steel bowls
· Capstar tablets
· Nail trimmers and clippers
· Leashes and collars
· Shampoo and conditioner (Both cats and dogs)
· Flea dip
· Kitty litter (Non-clumping)
· Cat Nutrisource (All life stage)
· Canned food
· Stainless steel litter pans
· Cat toys
· Stainless steel and ceramic bowls of all sizes
· Industrial washer and vacuum cleaner
· Dish soap (Dawn preferred)
· Clorox Clean-Up and Clorox Anywhere supplies
· Long handled scrub brushes
· Laundry detergent
· Monetary donations
Donations will be collected through Friday, November 8, 2019. Volunteers are also needed at the shelter. For more information, please call 815-937-2949.