Kankakee, IL – In observance of Women’s History Month, seven women will receive the Phenomenal Woman Award for 2020 selected by Mayor Wells-Armstrong. Honorees were chosen due to their contributions and impact they have had in the community. The 3rd Annual Phenomenal Woman Awards will be held Tuesday, March 24, 2020 in the fourth-floor auditorium at the Kankakee Public Library from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
“Though women continue to face barriers such as wage inequality, sexism and victimization of abuse, I believe it is important to elevate the contributions of women in our community. These women are compassionate, dedicated leaders who have made a significant impact on their colleagues, students, clients and communities. They take care of families and volunteer for meaningful causes. It is my honor to recognize each of them and this administration will continue to feature our very own phenomenal women every year,” said Mayor Wells-Armstrong.
Honorees for Mayor Wells-Armstrong’s Phenomenal Woman Awards for 2020 are as follows:
• Ana Kasal – Principal of Steuben Elementary School • Billie Burrell – Owner Burrell Property Management
• Dr. Deb Baron – Director of Project SUN
• Dr. Yvette Rose- Associate Professor of Nursing for Olivet Nazarene University
• Debra Caise – Community Outreach Nurse for AMITA Health St. Mary’s Hospital
• Oletha Grant – Membership Service Representative for Kankakee area YMCA
• Rev. Barbara Lohrbach – Pastor of St. John United Church of Christ