Duluth, MN Flood Advisory: High Water and Minor Flooding in Rainy River Basin

Date:

Share post:

Duluth, MN – June and early July rains have led to high water and minor flooding across portions of the Rainy River Basin. Water levels continue to gradually rise on Namakan/Kabetogama and Rainy Lakes. Boaters should expect high water, submerged underwater hazards, and strong currents.

According to the US National Weather Service in Duluth, primary impacts are to the lowest structures, and major flooding, similar to 2022, is not expected. The Flood Advisory remains in effect for those areas where levels have not crested yet and are still on the rise. Water will be slow to recede.

The current forecast for Duluth shows a clear sky today with temperatures reaching a high of 77°F. Sunday brings a 65% chance of rain with temperatures ranging from 60°F to 70°F. Monday has a 35% chance of rain, with temperatures between 59°F and 78°F. Clear skies are expected on Tuesday and Wednesday, with highs of 78°F and 77°F, respectively.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Eastern Kentucky Faces Heat and Humidity Before Midweek Cool Down

Jackson, KY – Eastern Kentucky is set to experience a heatwave with temperatures soaring into the mid-90s through...

Tennessee Heat Wave Persists: Extreme Temperatures Expected Through Tuesday

Memphis, TN - Tennessee is experiencing an intense heat wave, with temperatures expected to reach dangerous levels through...

Arkansas Weather Alert: Dangerous Heat Expected Through Wednesday

Little Rock, AR – Arkansas residents are bracing for a heatwave, with temperatures climbing into the 90s across...

Northern Ohio Weather: Heavy Rain, Severe Storms Possible Sunday Night

Cleveland, OH - Severe thunderstorms are expected to impact Ohio this evening, bringing isolated damaging winds and locally...