July Begins Cool in Northern Ohio; Heat and Storms Expected Midweek

Date:

Share post:

Cleveland, OH – Northern Ohio is experiencing a cooler than normal start to July, with temperatures beginning to climb as the week progresses. High pressure will maintain dry conditions for Monday, but temperatures are expected to rise starting Tuesday.

According to the US National Weather Service in Cleveland, highs will generally be in the mid-70s for Monday under sunny skies. This cooler trend is about 10 degrees below average for early July. Warmer readings return on Tuesday with temperatures reaching the mid-80s, bringing more typical summer weather back to the region.

Wednesday will see temperatures rise further, hitting the 90s across many areas, along with an increased chance of storms. As the Fourth of July approaches on Thursday, highs will remain in the 90s, and there will be significant chances of storms throughout the day.

The detailed forecast predicts high temperatures for several cities in Northern Ohio. Cleveland will see 74°F on Monday, 83°F on Tuesday, 87°F on Wednesday, and 90°F on Thursday. Akron-Canton is expected to have 74°F on Monday, 82°F on Tuesday, 86°F on Wednesday, and 88°F on Thursday. Toledo will experience 75°F on Monday, 85°F on Tuesday, 88°F on Wednesday, and 91°F on Thursday.

Rain chances will be minimal early in the week but will increase significantly by midweek. By Wednesday, areas like Cleveland will see a 30% chance of rain by the afternoon, escalating to 60% by evening. Thursday’s rain chances range from 40% to 50% throughout the day, potentially impacting outdoor Independence Day celebrations.

Residents are advised to stay updated on weather forecasts and plan accordingly for the Fourth of July festivities. With the mix of heat and storm chances, staying hydrated and having contingency plans for rain is essential.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Missouri Heat Advisory: 110° Heat Index and Health Warnings

St. Louis, MO - Missouri is preparing for a dangerous heat wave expected to hit today and Monday,...

Minnesota Twin Cities Brace for Isolated Thunderstorms and Hail Today

Minneapolis, MN - The Twin Cities are set to experience isolated thunderstorms and the potential for large hail...

Iowa Weather Alert: Heat Advisory, Scattered Storms Likely Sunday for Quad Cities

Davenport, IA — Iowa and Illinois residents should brace for intense heat and humidity today, with temperatures feeling...

North Carolina Weather Alert: Dangerous Rip Currents Expected at Coastal Beaches

Newport, NC - North Carolina residents and visitors should prepare for continued warm temperatures and life-threatening rip currents...