Shoplifting Escapade Turns into High-Speed Chase at Oak Brook Nordstrom Rack

Date:

Share post:

Oak Brook, DuPage County  – The DuPage County State’s Attorney’s Office reported that Chrischauna Smith, a 22-year-old from Peoria, was arrested Friday and charged with Aggravated Fleeing and Eluding after leading police on a high-speed chase following a theft at the Oak Brook Nordstrom Rack.

Accompanied by two accomplices, including an 18-year-old from Chicago and a juvenile, the incident allegedly reached speeds exceeding 115 mph, causing significant concern for public safety in the busy shopping district.

According to authorities, Jarmon and the juvenile orchestrated a daring heist at Nordstrom Rack, fleeing with unpaid fragrances, which ultimately led to the intense police pursuit spanning from I-294 to I-290. The chase finally came to an end after Smith reportedly collided with a squad car, forcing both vehicles off the road.

State’s Attorney Robert Berlin expressed profound concern over the dangerous nature of the chase, particularly as it unfolded during rush hour in a bustling shopping district.

Currently, Smith is being held on $100,000 bond. Jarmon faces charges of burglary, retail theft, and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, with his bond set at $30,000. The juvenile, on the other hand, was released to the custody of his parents with GPS monitoring.

Both Smith and Jarmon are scheduled for arraignment in front of Judge Margaret O’Connell on August 14, 2023.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Nationwide Manhunt Ends in Illinois following Alleged Kidnapping, Sexual Abuse of  Oregon Child

Grundy County, IL - A fugitive from Oregon, implicated in the attempted kidnapping and abuse of a young...

University of Illinois to Students: Protesters Risk Suspension

Urbana, IL - The University of Illinois is taking a firm stance against campus policy violations following Friday’s...

Tornado Sighting: Nebraska DOT Camera Witnesses Storm’s Approach near I-80 , Iowa on Alert

Waverly, NE - A Nebraska Department of Transportation camera stationed along I-80 captured a startling image of a...

Bourbonnais, IL – Remembering a Local Hero: Firefighter Bruce Spaulding’s 21st Anniversary of Line of Duty Death

Bourbonnais, IL - Twenty-one years ago, on April 26, 2003, the Bourbonnais community lost Firefighter Bruce Spaulding in...