Citadel Healthcare in Morton Grove, with facilities in Kankakee, issued a statement today to residents and family in a press release.
In a press release sent to Country Herald, Citadel Healthcare announced it will no longer allow visitors under the age of 18. Additionally, visitors will be limited to essential visitors only.
Entry into the nursing home will be provided following a questioner. Questions on the questioner included:
- Have you recently traveled to a country where COVID-19 is spreading?
- Have you been in close contact with people who have traveled to countries where COVID-19 is spreading in the past 14 days?
- Have you been around people who are sick with colds or flu?
- Do you have symptoms of a cold?
- Do you have a fever or had a fever in the past week?
- Have you been nauseated or have vomited or had diarrhea within the past week?
The nursing home also said all outside activities have been canceled. Transports will only be available when necessary for appointments.
All events with any public presence have also been canceled.
The nursing home also adds it’s happy to facilitate telephone calls along with Facetime and Skype sessions with residents.