Fireworks in Garbage found at fault for Fourth of July fire in Frankfort

Date:

Share post:

FRANKFORT – Used fireworks were at the heart of a fire early Sunday.

According To Frankfort Fire Protection District officials, the fire broke out just after 5 am after officials received a report of a garage on fire in the 7700 block of North Avenue. After arriving on the scene, crews found the fire being fed by natural gas which spread to a neighboring home.

“Preliminary investigation of the fire indicates it is due to discard fireworks. The fireworks were placed in a garbage can, which caught on fire, and then quickly involved both homes.” Frankfort Fire officials said Sunday morning.

No injuries were reported as residents have been displaced from both homes.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Cryptocurrency Chaos: Illinois Slaps Coinbase with Lawsuit over Staking Offerings

CHICAGO, IL - Illinois Secretary of State Alexi Giannoulias, in collaboration with nine other state securities regulators, has filed...

Gas Line Accident Near Indiana Car Dealership Prompts Road Closure

Chesterton, IN - A gas line breach has led to the closure of East Porter Ave between Ind 49...

OCR Takes Action Against Racial Harassment following Snapchat incident at Illinois School District

BEECHER, Ill - U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has taken action to address racial harassment...

Champaign Police Investigating Bank Robbery on Springfield Avenue Monday

CHAMPAIGN, IL – Champaign Police were called to the 1600 block of W. Springfield Avenue Monday for reports...