64.7 F
Bourbonnais
Friday, September 17, 2021

Fireworks in Garbage found at fault for Fourth of July fire in Frankfort

FRANKFORT – Used fireworks were at the heart of a fire early Sunday.

According To Frankfort Fire Protection District officials, the fire broke out just after 5 am after officials received a report of a garage on fire in the 7700 block of North Avenue. After arriving on the scene, crews found the fire being fed by natural gas which spread to a neighboring home.

“Preliminary investigation of the fire indicates it is due to discard fireworks. The fireworks were placed in a garbage can, which caught on fire, and then quickly involved both homes.” Frankfort Fire officials said Sunday morning.

No injuries were reported as residents have been displaced from both homes.

Top stories

Support independent journalism today

Related news

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.