Five athletic teams at Kankakee Community College have earned recognition from the NJCAA for academic achievements the 2019-20 academic year.
“We are very proud of the academic performance of our student athletes,” said Todd Post, KCC’s athletic director. “Having to move to all online classes midway through the spring semester was a big adjustment for everyone in the academic area. I praise the athletes for their dedication to their course work.”
The minimum team grade point average requirement is 3.0 to receive recognition. KCC’ teams qualifying for NJCAA All-Academic Team status are:
- Softball – 3.6 team GPA, and six students with GPAs above 3.0;
- Baseball – 3.06 team GPA, and six students with GPAs above 3.6;
- Women’s Basketball – 3.03 team GPA, and four students with GPAs above 3.6;
- Volleyball – 3.5 team GPA, and six students with GPAs above 3.6; and
- Soccer – 3.21 team GPA and three students with GPAs above 3.6.
The overall grade point average of KCC student-athletes was 3.17 for the year.