Grundy County Appeal: Seeking Justice for Good Samaritan Mother Killed in I-55 Hit-and-Run

Date:

Share post:

Grundy County, IL – A devastating hit-and-run accident on Interstate 55 near Braceville has resulted in the death of a young mother, sparking a plea for public assistance from the Illinois State Police. 

According to police reports on the evening of January 1, 2024, Destiny Dixon, a 23-year-old from Galesburg, IL, was fatally injured while selflessly aiding the victim of a prior crash.

The incident unfolded at approximately 7:30 p.m., when Dixon, a mother of two, stopped to help the driver of an overturned vehicle on I-55’s northbound lanes. A passing motorist, driving at a high rate of speed, collided with Dixon and another individual before fleeing the scene. The suspect’s vehicle, a dark grey 2010-2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor, suffered significant damage.

Illinois State Police are urging anyone with information to come forward, offering a $1,000 reward for details leading to an arrest. Contact Sergeant Cary Morin at 779-243-4770 or reach out to Grundy County Crime Stoppers at 815-942-6645 to help bring justice for Destiny Dixon and her family.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Nationwide Manhunt Ends in Illinois following Alleged Kidnapping, Sexual Abuse of  Oregon Child

Grundy County, IL - A fugitive from Oregon, implicated in the attempted kidnapping and abuse of a young...

University of Illinois to Students: Protesters Risk Suspension

Urbana, IL - The University of Illinois is taking a firm stance against campus policy violations following Friday’s...

Tornado Sighting: Nebraska DOT Camera Witnesses Storm’s Approach near I-80 , Iowa on Alert

Waverly, NE - A Nebraska Department of Transportation camera stationed along I-80 captured a startling image of a...

Bourbonnais, IL – Remembering a Local Hero: Firefighter Bruce Spaulding’s 21st Anniversary of Line of Duty Death

Bourbonnais, IL - Twenty-one years ago, on April 26, 2003, the Bourbonnais community lost Firefighter Bruce Spaulding in...