How to Report a Street Light Outage: Wooden Poles and Metal Poles


Share post:

KANKAKEE – Dark streets have been a common area of interest regarding feedback on what residents would like to see improve in the City of Kankakee. The City’s Environmental Service Utility (ESU) is reminding residents how to self-report.

ComEd has a helpful tool which shows if a street light has already been reported with a time and date, as well as, the order number. When the light is fixed by ComEd, the light icon on the map will transition from red to green. If the light is out, but not shown on the ComEd map, there is an option to still report the light by clicking in the approximate location of the light to request a repair.

To report a street light on a wooden pole, head to ComEd’s website here:

Please take note that anything on a metal pole can be handled by the City’s electricians. You can report these by emailing


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Eight hospitalized, two dead after “bad batch” of Drugs found in Kankakee County 

KANKAKEE - The Kankakee County Coroner’s Office is warning residents of a bad batch of drugs that sent eight...

Fuel leak caused by passing Train causes Momence road closure, cleanup underway 

MOMENCE - A fuel leak that’s believed to have come from a train moving through the area has caused...

Shooting inside Coal City restaurant Saturday leaves chaotic scene, two dead 

COAL CITY - Two people are dead after a shooting inside a crowded restaurant early Saturday morning. According to the...

Plainfield Family creates wild Halloween love letter to Stranger Things iconic scene 

PLAINFIELD - A local Halloween display is attracting global attention for the mystery behind it.  The display features a replica...