A day after announcing no new cases had been reported for the first time since recording began in Kankakee, 9 new cases were announced on Friday.
Kankakee has now fallen under 550 active cases for the first time since April. There are now 527 active cases in the County.
Among today’s new cases, five of the nine cases were 19 years or younger. The next update locally won’t happen until Monday afternoon.
IDPH officials have encouraged people attending social injustice rallies to self quarantine for 14 days or be tested for the virus. At least one rally is scheduled for this Saturday in Bourbonnais.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,156 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 59 additional confirmed deaths. Among the new deaths announced today included 1 woman in her 80s in Kankakee.
Statewide testing efforts surpassed 1 million tested in Illinois today, now standing at 1,000,919.
Cases among Kankakee’s zip codes entering the weekend via IDPH:
- 95 (+6)*Cases (Manteno)
- 168 (+10) Cases (Bourbonnais)
- 63 (+3) Cases (Bradley)
- 547(+15) Cases (Kankakee)
- 31 (UNCHANGED) Cases (St. Anne)
- 31 (UNCHANGED) Cases (Momence)
- 21 (UNCHANGED) Cases (Pembroke)
- 12 (UNCHANGED) Cases (Chebanse)
- 7 (UNCHANGED) Cases (Grant Park)
- 6 (UNCHANGED) Cases (Cabery)
- 6 (UNCHANGED) Cases (Herscher)
- 6 (UNCHANGED) cases (Bonfield)
+ cases since Wednesday*