CVS announced Thursday 16 new COVID-19 testing sites, in Illinois, including Kankakee. All the new drive thru sites will be drive-thrus. The total brings CVS Health’s total count of COVID-19 testing sites throughout Illinois to 73.
“One of our greatest strengths as a company is our local presence in communities across the country, which enables us to uniquely expand people’s access to safe and effective COVID-19 testing options and respond to a need for increased testing capacity,” said Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO, CVS Health.
Other COVID-19 testing sites will be available at New Lenox and Plainfield locations as well.
The announcement came the same day the White House announced plans to end funding for coronavirus testing sites.
“We continue to be grateful for the commitment of our frontline colleagues who make these testing sites possible and whose dedication has allowed us to keep our stores open for customers seeking supplies and patients who need care.” Merlo added.
New CVS drive thru sites include:
- 4609 West Main Street, Belleville, IL 62226
- 700 West Irving Park Road, Bensenville, IL 60106
- 121 East Lake Street, Bloomingdale, IL 60108
- 1725 West Boughton Road, Bolingbrook, IL 60490
- 1305 Randall Road, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
- 1022 West Lincoln Highway, DeKalb, IL 60115
- 739 Roosevelt Road, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
- 1539 Clavey Road, Highland Park, IL 60035
- 225 West Court Street, Kankakee, IL 60901
- 3900 W Elm Street, McHenry, IL 60050
- 1101 West Maple, Mundelein, IL 60060
- 2050 Nelson Road, New Lenox, IL 60451
- 9315 North Lindbergh Drive, Peoria, IL 61615
- 3034 West Lincoln, Peoria, IL 61605
- 11840 Route 59, Plainfield, IL 60585
- 4580 RT. 173, Zion, IL 60099