Donovan, IL – A fire, believed to have been sparked by an electrical issue, significantly damaged the parsonage of Donovan Methodist Church on Thursday night. Fortunately, there were no injuries reported. The Pastor and his wife detected smoke in their home in the 500 block of 3rd Street, leading to a swift 9-1-1 call and their safe evacuation.
According to fire officials, the incident’s likely cause was arcing at the electric meter service. The kitchen and an upstairs attic wall bore the brunt of the damage, with smoke and water damage also evident throughout the residence. Notably, the parsonage is a separate structure from the church itself.
Responding to the emergency, the Donovan Fire Department was assisted by Concord, Sheldon, Beaverville, and Martinton Fire Departments. While damage estimates are pending, the community has rallied in support of the Nourie family and the church during this challenging time.