CHICAGO – Spring break is right around the corner, and families in Chicago are looking for ways to spend quality time with their kids while staying safe and socially distant. Here are ten great ideas for things families can do in and around the city during spring break.
- Visit the Lincoln Park Zoo: The Lincoln Park Zoo is a great place to take kids of all ages. They can learn about animals from all around the world and see them up close.
- Go to Navy Pier: Navy Pier is an iconic Chicago attraction that offers a wide range of family-friendly activities. From riding the Ferris wheel to exploring the Chicago Children’s Museum, there’s something for everyone.
- Take a boat tour: Explore Chicago from a different perspective by taking a boat tour along the Chicago River. Kids can learn about the city’s history and architecture while enjoying a fun ride.
- Go on a scavenger hunt: Chicago has many parks and outdoor spaces where families can go on a scavenger hunt. This is a fun way to explore the city while also getting some exercise.
- Visit the Adler Planetarium: The Adler Planetarium is a great place to take kids who are interested in space and science. They can learn about the solar system and see real-life astronaut gear.
- Explore Millennium Park: Millennium Park is home to the iconic Bean sculpture and many other attractions. Families can enjoy a picnic, take a bike ride, or simply relax in the park.
- Go to the Art Institute of Chicago: The Art Institute of Chicago has a wide range of exhibits that are suitable for kids of all ages. They can learn about different cultures and art movements while also having fun.
- Visit the Museum of Science and Industry: The Museum of Science and Industry is a great place to take kids who are interested in science and technology. They can learn about robots, space travel, and much more.
- Take a trip to the Shedd Aquarium: The Shedd Aquarium is home to many different types of sea creatures, including sharks, dolphins, and turtles. Kids can learn about marine life and conservation while also having fun.
- Go on a bike ride: Chicago has many bike paths and trails that families can explore together. This is a great way to get some exercise while also enjoying the city’s beautiful scenery.
Spring break is the perfect time for families to spend quality time together and create lasting memories. With so many great things to do in and around Chicago, there’s no shortage of fun and educational activities for kids of all ages.