Hoverboard to blame for House Fire in Coal City

Date:

Share post:

COAL CITY – An overheating battery on a hoverboard is reportedly at the center of blame for a fire in the 500 block of Oak Street over the weekend.

No one was hurt in the incident that left the home with mostly smoke damage after the lithium battery overheated.

In 2017, the Consumer Product Safety Commission recalled nearly 14,000 hoverboards from seven manufactures due to the risk of smoking, catching fire, or even exploding. Prior to the recall, a home in Louisiana reportedly suffered over $40,000 in property damage after one of the devices caught fire.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Man allegedly stole nearly $2k in Meds from Peotone CVS 

PEOTONE - Police are searching for information on a man who allegedly stole nearly $2,000 worth of over the...

Christmas Light Map showcases 2022 noteworthy locations throughout Chicagoland 

CHICAGO - A Google Map featuring some of Chicagoland’s most decorated homes has emerged online just in time for...

Christmas Is Coming To Perry Farm

BOURBONNAIS — Christmas on the Farm is coming to Perry Farm next Saturday, December 3rd. The event runs 9 a.m....

Bourbonnais to hold 2nd Annual Holiday Tree Lighting event with students

BOURBONNAIS - A new tradition will continue Thursday, December 1st with the second annual “Rockin’ Around the Tree Lighting”...