BOURBONNAIS – The Village of Bourbonnais has announced the winners of “A Holly Jolly Holiday Lighting Contest.”
The new event began December 4th and runs through Christmas Day. Participants entered for a chance to win in Traditional and People’s Choice categories while creating a safe, festive event for the community.
“We think all 35 entries are winners just for participating,” said Mayor Paul Schore, “and we thank residents for helping make this holiday season so bright in the village, not only for Bourbonnais, but for other communities as well. We could all use a little holiday cheer after this challenging year.”
An online map of 35 holiday homes is currently available for viewing here.
In the Traditional Category
1st Place: (Pictured Front L to R: Jade and Abby; Back L to R: Emily and Kyle Boudreau)
o The Boudreau Family – 1319 Mill Pond Road (Entry #33)
• 2nd Place: Eric & Kaitlain Cavender – 430 Stone Cutter Drive (Entry #15)
• 3rd Place: Bill & Sherri Guertin – 115 Barrington Drive (Entry #30)
• 4th Place: The Toepfer Family – 1225 Patriot Way (Entry #7)
• 5th Place: The Bess Family – 1440 Middlebury Court (Entry #31)
People’s Choice Category
• 1st Place: (Pictured L to R: Sherri, Bill and dog, Libby)
o Bill & Sherri Guertin – 115 Barrington Drive (Entry #30)
• 2nd Place: The Grant Family – 19 Castle Coombe Drive (Entry #27)
• 3rd Place: The Toepfer Family – 1225 Patriot Way (Entry #7)
• 4th Place: Neco Ramirez & Family – 715 Tremont Street (Entry #8)
• 5th Place: John Steinberg – 766 Cherokee Drive (Entry # 21)
1st place winners in each category will receive a $100 Visa gift card. 2nd place winners in each category will receive a $50 Visa gift card, and 3rd place winners in each category will receive a $25 Visa gift card. Prizes were made possible by the event sponsors, Comed and Brandon Casey’s Comfort Crew.
Official judging took place in the Traditional category by an outside panel of judges December 4th through December 6th. Winners of the People’s Choice category were voted on by the public via Facebook December 4th through December 13th. A total of 7,914 votes were calculated for the People’s Choice category.
Marketing & Public Engagement Manager, Lindy Casey, added that due to the contest’s popularity, it will most likely become an annual event: “We have many new ideas to implement for next year. We already can’t wait, and the current event isn’t even over. I encourage everyone to get out, if you haven’t already, and view the Village of Bourbonnais lights!”
For upcoming events, visit https://www.villageofbourbonnais.com/visitors/events.