Kankakee County, IL – Volunteer Training to Aid Sexual Violence Survivors by Clove Alliance

Date:

Share post:

Kankakee, IL – In a compassionate community response, Clove Alliance is spearheading an initiative to train volunteers in supporting survivors of sexual violence. 

The non-profit organization has announced a comprehensive 40-hour Sexual Violence Crisis Intervention Training program beginning April 29, 2024, in Kankakee. The training will take place on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6 to 8:30 pm, with additional sessions on two Saturdays in May.

Participants will gain valuable insights into the complexities of sexual violence, legal rights of survivors, and how to respond with sensitivity and support. They will learn about the influence of rape culture and how to apply person-centered practices. Upon completion, volunteers will have the opportunity to serve in various roles, including Crisis Hotline Advocates and hospital support during emergency room visits.

This training underscores a significant push towards strengthening local capacity to address sexual violence. Professionals have the choice to earn continuing education units (CEUs) for a fee. Clove Alliance invites interested parties to visit their website or contact their office to learn more about this vital community initiative.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Fatal Single-Vehicle Crash on I-65 Leads to Search for Victim’s Family in Jasper County, Indiana

Jasper County, IN - A solemn call for public assistance has been issued following a devastating single-vehicle accident...

Addison, IL – Local School Temporarily Locked Down After Nearby Domestic Dispute

Addison, IL - Ardmore School was placed on a temporary lockdown following a domestic dispute that occurred around...

Hendricks County, IN – Fatal Motorcycle Crash Claims Life of Local Man

Urbana, IL - The Champaign County Coroner's Office has confirmed the death of 19-year-old Andrew Wade Thomas from...

Nashville, TN – Tragic Midnight Crash on I-24 Claims a Life, Injures Another

Nashville, TN - A catastrophic event unfolded on I-24 East near Harding Place just before midnight on Sunday,...