ADDISON, IL — A significant natural gas leak near the Lakeview Condos prompted immediate evacuation early Monday.
According to Village officials residents of the complex, situated between the 1200 and 1300 blocks of Lake St., just east of Lombard Rd., began seeking refuge sometime around 6:30 a.m. after a leak was reported. Those without alternate accommodations have been directed to the Addison Trail H.S. field house for shelter.
Village officials, in collaboration with the Addison Fire Protection District and NICOR, are monitoring the situation closely. Updates will be disseminated as more information becomes available.