BOURBONNAIS – Sgt. Jeremy Cain Sherman of Watseka was one of five American peacekeepers killed in a helicopter crash Thursday during a routine peacekeeping mission in Egypt’s Sinai Penisula.
Sherman was a part of an international force monitoring the Israeli-Egyptian peace agreement. The U.S. Army identified five Americans who died in the crash Thursday, 23-year-old Sherman was the youngest in the unit.
The U.S. Army has identified all five Americans who died in the crash:
- Capt. Seth Vernon Vandekamp, 31, from Katy, Texas
- Chief Warrant Officer 3 Dallas Gearld Garza, 34, from Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Chief Warrant Officer 2 Marwan Sameh Ghabour, 27, from Marlborough, Massachusetts
- Staff Sgt. Kyle Robert McKee, 35, from Painesville, Ohio
- Sgt. Jeremy Cain Sherman, 23, from Watseka, Illinois