Kankakee, IL – Smoke Incident Prompts Evacuation at Lincoln Cultural Center

Date:

Share post:

Kankakee, IL – An incident involving smoke at the Lincoln Cultural Center led to the evacuation of Kankakee Junior High School today. 

According to school officials, the evacuation occurred after smoke was detected on the main floor around 1:30 PM. The cause was identified as a malfunctioning exhaust motor. The school’s staff managed the situation promptly, and repairs are being conducted to address the issue. 

The school commended the patience and cooperation of students and families during the evacuation. Further details will be provided by the district as they become available.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Will County, IL – Residents Report Mysterious Glowing Skies in Joliet 

Joliet, IL - Locals in Joliet and surrounding counties were puzzled Wednesday night by an unusual orange glow in...

New Lenox, IL – Local Man Facing Felony Charges in Child Pornography Case

New Lenox, IL - A search warrant executed Wednesday has lead to the arrest of a 45-year-old New...

Elmhurst, IL: Police Crack Vehicle Theft Ring Involving Maserati, Several Semis; Three Arrested

Elmhurst, IL - Three men have been charged in a series of vehicle thefts across various Illinois communities,...

Hobart, IN – Purchased Headlight Leads to Puerto Rico Arrest in Fatal December Hit-and-Run Case

Hobart, IN - A critical clue in a fatal hit-and-run investigation led to an arrest in Puerto Rico,...