BOURBONNAIS – The Bourbonnais Township Park District is looking for a new candidate to serve as Park Board Commissioner. The Park District announced an open seat will reside for an area resident of the district up for consolidated election next April.
“The park district plans to appoint someone to fulfill the obligations until the winner of the next statutorily required election is seated,” the Bourbonnais Township Park District said in a statement Tuesday morning.
Interested applicants should pick up an information packet and submit a letter of qualifications to the Perry Farm Administration office no later than October 21st at 4pm.
“The board will have screenings of candidates and then proceed to conduct personal interviews. The park district board reserves the right to appoint any person, or not make the appointment, for any reason it deems appropriate.” Bourbonnais Township Park District said Tuesday.
Park Board Meetings are held the fourth Monday of every month. The Park Board Meetings are held the fourth Monday of each month. Candidate appointed to the Park Board position will be required to file a “Statement of Economic Interest” with the County Clerk.
Qualified candidates must be at least 18 years old and a registered voter.
Expectations and duties are listed below:
- The primary role of the Bourbonnais Township Park District Board is to provide oversight and governance of the Park District. The Board establishes policy under which the professional staff operates the District.
- Attend all board meetings and board functions. Regular Committee meetings held the third Wednesday of the month and Board meetings are held on the fourth Monday of each month respectively.
- Review Agenda and supporting Board packet materials before Board meetings.
- Adhere to conflict of interest, ethics and confidentiality policies.
- The candidate needs the perspicacious ability to understand the long-term effects of decisions.
- Uphold the rules and regulations of the Park district and the laws of the state of Illinois.
- Park Board members are not compensated for their service to the district per Illinois Park District Code (70 ILCS 1205/4-1).
- The candidate selected will fill a vacancy that will be up for election at the next statutorily required election. The park district plans to appoints someone to fulfill the obligations until the winner of the next statutorily required election is seated. The candidate selected to fill the vacancy may choose to run again at that time and must comply with all requirements of the Park Code, Election Code and any and all other State, County or local rules concerning candidacy and the election.