Nebraska Braces for Severe Storms and Possible Tornadoes on Sunday

Date:

Share post:

Omaha, NE – The National Weather Service has issued a weather advisory for Sunday, predicting strong to severe storms in the late afternoon and evening. Residents across Nebraska should prepare for potentially dangerous weather conditions, including the possibility of tornadoes.

According to the National Weather Service Omaha/Valley, there is a 50-80% chance of thunderstorms, with a 5-20% chance of any individual storm becoming severe. Forecasters warn that these storms could bring hail up to one inch in diameter, winds reaching speeds of up to 60 mph, and the possibility of brief tornadoes. Additionally, localized flash flooding is a concern due to the heavy rainfall expected.

The timing of the greatest threat is expected to be in the late afternoon and evening. With severe weather looming, Nebraskans are urged to stay informed and be prepared for rapidly changing conditions.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Minnesota, Wisconsin Under Tornado Watch with Apple-Sized Hail Until 10 PM Wednesday

St. Paul, MN - A tornado watch has been issued for parts of Minnesota and Wisconsin until 10...

Multiple Illinois Deputies Shot While Responding to Suicide-Homicide Threat

Dixon, IL – Three Ogle County Sheriff's Deputies were struck by gunfire Wednesday morning while responding to a...

Central Illinois: Severe Afternoon Storms Thursday Could Bring 2” Hail, Flooding

Ottawa, IL - Severe thunderstorms are forecast for central Illinois on Thursday afternoon and evening, bringing threats of...

Severe Storm Alert: Large Hail Chance in Nebraska Tonight

Omaha, NE - A severe storm with the potential for large hail is expected to impact northeast and...