Unattended Candle Fire Causes $5K in Damage to Naperville Townhouse

Date:

Share post:

Naperville, IL – An unattended candle caused a $5,000 kitchen fire in a Naperville townhouse Sunday afternoon.

According to the Naperville Emergency Communications Center (ECC), a 911 call at 1:54 p.m. reported smoke from a neighboring home on the 2800 block of Ledgestone Drive. Firefighters arrived within five minutes and found a fire in the kitchen of a two-story townhome. The blaze was extinguished by 2:00 p.m.

No injuries were reported, and the damage was estimated at $5,000. Naperville Police also assisted at the scene.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Southern California Heat Wave: High Temperatures, Thunderstorm Risks

Los Angeles, CA - Southern California is bracing for a weekend of extreme heat, with temperatures soaring to...

Firefighters Free Trapped Owl at Indianapolis Soccer Field

Indianapolis, IN – Firefighters from the Indianapolis Fire Department (IFD) successfully rescued a great horned owl trapped in...

Yorkville, IL – Grease Fire At Grocery Store Prompts Evacuation

Yorkville, IL - A grease fire at the Jewel-Osco in Yorkville forced an evacuation on Saturday evening.  The Bristol...

Utah Braces for Dangerous Heat Wave Sunday

Salt Lake City, UT – Hot temperatures will return to the area Sunday, with the National Weather Service...