The Kankakee Humane Society is advising residents in the area to think about who would look over your four-legged friends in a time of emergency amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Humane Society suggests:
- Identify someone who can care for the pets in the home if you become ill
- Have a crate, food, and extra toys stashed away in the event your pet needs to be moved quickly
- Ask your vet to email you a your vaccine records so you have them on hand in the event your pet needs to be boarded outside of your normal clinic
- Make sure any and all medication is clearly labeled and administering directions are easy to follow in the event you need some help
- Make sure your pet’s microchip has your current information linked to it by contacting the microchip company