NEW LENOX, IL – In honor of National Mom and Pop Business Day, we’re celebrating some of the hardworking small business owners who create economic growth and provide almost 70% of all new jobs in the country.
From cheese to entertaining cabooses, here’s just a few of some awesome* local mom and pop businesses in the area that really pop:
- Blue’s Cafe: Traditional diner ambiance, homemade pies and daily specials. Located at 1190 W Station St, Kankakee, IL.
- Thayer Bros Deli and Grille: Cozy ambiance, stocked bar, and food like mom used to make. Located at 753 Ruby St, Joliet, IL.
- Tyler’s Tender Railroad Restaurant: Train rides every 15 minutes, arcade, and a great place for adults and kids who love trains. Located at 350 East, E U.S. Hwy 30, Schererville, IN.
- True BBQ and Whiskey Bar: Modern BBQ cuisine, handcrafted cocktails, and an unparalleled whiskey selection. Homemade sauces and rubs, smoked meats. Located in Munster, IN and Crown Point, IN.
- Crepe Ave: Excellent coffee and even better crepes, located at 700 E Tri-State, I-294, Thornton, IL.
- Fox’s Pizza and Irish Pub: Serving iconic pizza since 1963, family-owned and operated. Multiple locations, including Orland Park and Mokena.
- Tradycja Polish Fusion Cuisine: Polish cuisine with a twist served with cocktails in a warm, intimate space with an old-world feel. Located at 14478 South La Grange Road, Orland Park, IL.
- Mom & Pop’s Kettle Korn Stop: Old-time themed store with modern offerings, serving delicious kettle corn. Located at 119 S Market St, Paxton, IL.
Show your appreciation for your favorite mom and pop businesses in Chicagoland by tagging them in the comments! *No ‘mom and pop’ places paid for advertising to be featured on this list, we just really like them.