Sparks Fly in Illinois Bed as Cell Phone Spices Up Sleep Time; Firefighters Spring into Action


Share post:

PAXTON, Ill. – Some unexpected heat was injected into a tranquil night when firefighters were summoned to a captivating scene in the 400 block of W. State Street. Around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, flames flickered as a bed turned into an inferno, all thanks to a cell phone that decided to spice up sleep time.

Upon their arrival, firefighters discovered the bed ablaze, with the fiery passion spreading through the bed coverings. Employing their rapid response and unwavering courage, the fire department swiftly extinguished the flames, managing to confine the damage solely to the bed. No one was injured in the incident.

Preliminary investigations point to the cell phone’s overheating as the catalyst for this steamy spectacle. 


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Illinois Fire Drama: Braidwood-Custer Merger Unravels with Resignations, Vandalism

BRAIDWOOD — The community of Custer was rocked by unforeseen turbulence last week following an intergovernmental merger agreement with...

Illinois Family’s Children, Ohio, Missouri Resident Among Victims of Deadly Ammonia Leak

EFFINGHAM, Ill. - An unforeseen disaster unfolded in Effingham County Friday, as a semi-truck carrying anhydrous ammonia crashed near...

Dramatic Rollover Crash on IL Route 113 Halts Traffic

BRAIDWOOD, IL - A severe single-vehicle rollover accident occurred Saturday morning at the junction of W IL Route 113...

Frankfort Woman Confronted in Gunpoint Parking Lot Robbery

FRANKFORT, IL – A local woman faced a chilling encounter last night when she was approached at gunpoint...