NEW LENOX – Residents of New Lenox are being warned about the “Invisible Killer” that could be lurking in their homes.
Carbon monoxide (CO), a colorless and odorless gas, is causing alarm among safety officials. Despite being undetectable by sight, smell, or sound, there’s a beacon of hope: CO detectors.
The New Lenox Fire District urges homeowners to invest in these lifesavers, ensuring families remain protected from the deadly gas. As winter approaches, and indoor heating increases, securing homes against CO poisoning is paramount. Remember: It can’t be seen, smelled, or heard, but it can be stopped.