Hotel, VFW evacuated Monday after gas leak  

Date:

Share post:

DANVILLE – Several people were hurt by a chlorine gas leak early Monday at Days Inn Hotel.

Danville Fire responded to the scene. Hazardous Material Technicians were on hand and evacuated the building as well as a nearby VFW were evacuated due to the leak that started in the hotel’s basement around 8:30 a.m.

The evacuation was lifted around 2 p.m. 

Those injured by the gas were treated by paramedics on scene.  The extent of injuries was not released.  

During the evaluation a nearby cooling center was set up for residents displaced by the inconvenience.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Eight hospitalized, two dead after “bad batch” of Drugs found in Kankakee County 

KANKAKEE - The Kankakee County Coroner’s Office is warning residents of a bad batch of drugs that sent eight...

Fuel leak caused by passing Train causes Momence road closure, cleanup underway 

MOMENCE - A fuel leak that’s believed to have come from a train moving through the area has caused...

Shooting inside Coal City restaurant Saturday leaves chaotic scene, two dead 

COAL CITY - Two people are dead after a shooting inside a crowded restaurant early Saturday morning. According to the...

Plainfield Family creates wild Halloween love letter to Stranger Things iconic scene 

PLAINFIELD - A local Halloween display is attracting global attention for the mystery behind it.  The display features a replica...