DANVILLE – Several people were hurt by a chlorine gas leak early Monday at Days Inn Hotel.
Danville Fire responded to the scene. Hazardous Material Technicians were on hand and evacuated the building as well as a nearby VFW were evacuated due to the leak that started in the hotel’s basement around 8:30 a.m.
The evacuation was lifted around 2 p.m.
Those injured by the gas were treated by paramedics on scene. The extent of injuries was not released.
During the evaluation a nearby cooling center was set up for residents displaced by the inconvenience.