Lake County, IL – Nearly 600 Evacuated as Propane Tank Ignites at Restaurant’s Easter Brunch

Date:

Share post:

Libertyville, IL – Nearly 600 people were evacuated from a popular restaurant in Libertyville Saturday afternoon when a propane tank malfunction ignited during their Easter brunch. 

The fire, reported to the Libertyville Fire Department at around 1 PM on Sunday, was concentrated at a large buffet table. Flames reportedly shot up several feet into the air, causing patrons and staff to swiftly exit the building in the 400 block of Peterson Rd.

Despite the quick activation of the sprinkler system, which extinguished the fire, smoke inhalation was reported among four individuals, with one needing hospitalization for non-critical injuries.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Joliet, IL – One in Critical Care After Four-Car Crash Leaves Vehicle on Fire Thursday

Joliet, IL - A severe four-car collision on Thursday night at the intersection of Chicago St. and Louis...

Arizona Manhunt Ends: Couple Shot at, Children in Home Unharmed

San Tan Valley, AZ - Ending a rigorous search, Edward Figueroa, 28, was arrested after allegedly shooting at...

Virginia Men Charged in Murder and Arson Linked to Marijuana Supplier’s Death

Roanoke, VA – Two Virginia men, Joseph Richard Walker and Garrett Isaac Williams, are facing serious federal charges...

NHL Expands to Utah: New Team to Debut in Salt Lake City’s Delta Center for 2024-25 Season

Salt Lake City, UT - The National Hockey League is expanding its horizon with the addition of a...