Streator, IL – One Hospitalized Following Stove Fire 

Date:

Share post:

Streator, IL – A resident was hospitalized as a precaution after a stove-related fire broke out on Thursday, January 18, 2024. The Streator Fire Department responded to the incident at 2:06 pm in the 0-100 block of Sunbury Drive. Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke billowing from the residence and quickly evacuated the resident from the smoke-filled home.

The fire, which originated in the stove and oven, was brought under control within five minutes by Engine 3’s crew. After extinguishing the fire, firefighters ventilated the house and ensured all flames were completely put out. The damage was largely limited to the stove and oven area.

In total, ten firefighters and various apparatus, including Chief 1, Engine 2, Tower 5, and Rescue 4, were deployed to the scene. Streator Medic 10 provided care to the affected resident, and fortunately, no first responders were injured.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Lake County, IL – Beach Park Home Invasion Leads to Arrest of Woman, Two Mundelein Men

Lake County, IL - Three people have been arrested following a home invasion in Beach Park, Illinois, on...

Kendall County, IL – Man Faces Charges After Allegedly Stolen Motorcycles Surface on Online Marketplace

Kendall County, IL - A Sandwich resident, 21-year-old Eddie Brown, faces multiple felony charges after an investigation by...

Indianapolis, IN – Late Night Blaze Engulfs Vacant Building on Shelby Street

Indianapolis, IN - In a late-night emergency, the Indianapolis Fire Department swiftly responded to a call at 11:47...

Kankakee, IL – Smoke on the Water: An Ecological Strategy Behind Kankakee’s Langham Island Burn

Kankakee, IL - You may have noticed smoke coming from the Kankakee River on Leap Day. That’s because...