Empowering Youth and Giving Back: Tocarra Eldridge-Robinson Honored by Kankakee Community College

Date:

Share post:

KANKAKEE, IL – Tocarra Eldridge-Robinson, a 2003 graduate of Kankakee Community College (KCC), was recently recognized for her outstanding achievements in empowering youth and young adults through her nonprofit organization, Still I Rise. 

Eldridge-Robinson received the John Fulton Distinguished Alumnus award on April 13, and has also been nominated by the KCC Foundation for the 2023 Illinois Community College Trustees Association Distinguished Alumni award.

As the founder and executive director of Still I Rise, Eldridge-Robinson has dedicated herself to creating positive and healthy change in society. Through comprehensive programs in health and wellness, youth entrepreneurship, arts and culture, financial literacy, and workforce development, Still I Rise empowers youth and emergent adults, cultivating empowerment and education, and providing life skills to enhance their future.

Eldridge-Robinson’s work with Still I Rise has earned numerous awards, including the 2021 Kankakee County Chamber of Commerce Nonprofit of the Year Award, the 2021 NAACP President’s Award, and the 2019 and 2022 Best of Kankakee Award. Her innovative leadership and dedication to giving back to the community have made her a true success story and an inspiration to others.

Kari Nugent, KCC vice president for advancement, marketing & public relations, lauded Eldridge-Robinson, stating, “Tocarra is a true KCC success story. Her work with Still I Rise elevates young adults and gives them hope.”

Kankakee Community College, an accredited two-year college that awards associate degrees and certificates of completion, takes pride in its alumni’s achievements and contributions to society. 

If you know of a KCC graduate who has overcome life’s obstacles and achieved success while supporting education and community colleges, please contact the KCC Alumni Association and share their story at https://foundation.kcc.edu/alumni/.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Nationwide Manhunt Ends in Illinois following Alleged Kidnapping, Sexual Abuse of  Oregon Child

Grundy County, IL - A fugitive from Oregon, implicated in the attempted kidnapping and abuse of a young...

University of Illinois to Students: Protesters Risk Suspension

Urbana, IL - The University of Illinois is taking a firm stance against campus policy violations following Friday’s...

Tornado Sighting: Nebraska DOT Camera Witnesses Storm’s Approach near I-80 , Iowa on Alert

Waverly, NE - A Nebraska Department of Transportation camera stationed along I-80 captured a startling image of a...

Bourbonnais, IL – Remembering a Local Hero: Firefighter Bruce Spaulding’s 21st Anniversary of Line of Duty Death

Bourbonnais, IL - Twenty-one years ago, on April 26, 2003, the Bourbonnais community lost Firefighter Bruce Spaulding in...