Bridge replacement in Bourbonnais leads to I-57 closures overnight thru April 24

Date:

Share post:

BOURBONNAIS – The Illinois Department of Transportation announces that overnight closures of Interstate 57 between Illinois 50 (exit 315) and Bourbonnais Parkway (exit 318) begin April 20.

The closures are necessary for crews to remove the bridge that carries Larry Power Road over I57 and will begin at 7 p.m. each night and be reopened by 5:30 a.m. the following morning through April 24. Southbound traffic will be detoured at the new Bourbonnais Parkway interchange (exit 318) to Illinois 50. Northbound traffic will get off at Illinois 50 (exit 315).

When complete, the new bridge will have three lanes with a multi-use path on the westbound side.

Motorists can expect delays and should allow extra time for trips through this area. To avoid the work area, when feasible, use of alternate routes should be considered. Drivers are urged to pay close attention to changed conditions and signs in the work zones, obey the posted speed limits, refrain from using mobile devices and be alert for workers and equipment.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Grayslake Woman Leads Indiana Police on 110 MPH Chase on I-65 Amidst Traffic from Fatal Crash; Four-Year-Old Found in Vehicle

Lake County, IN - A routine traffic stop turned into a high-speed pursuit on I-65 Tuesday afternoon after...

Indiana Man Killed in Fatal US 52 Motorcycle Crash Thursday, Not Wearing Helmet

New Palestine, IN - A fatal accident occurred on US 52 near Creekside Drive in New Palestine on...

Urbana, IL – Shots Fired Near School, Urbana Apartment Complex, Police Seek Leads

Urbana, IL — Urbana Police responded to gunfire on Thursday near Booker T. Washington School and Hamilton on...

Will County, IL – Doorbell Camera Captures Indecent Exposure, Lockport Man Arrested

Lockport, IL - Lockport Police responded to a disturbing incident on Monday night after a doorbell camera reportedly...