Man arrested in Gamestop with handgun after report of robbery at Joliet location

Date:

Share post:

JOLIET – A Bellwood man who reportedly robbed a Gamestop in Joliet Saturday evening has been arrested after being seen inside another Gamestop location just miles away in Bolingbrook.

According to Joliet police, it happened Saturday evening around 5:29 pm when Joliet officers responded to a report of an armed robbery at Gamestop off Route 59. Officers stated in a press release Sunday afternoon a man had entered the store and spoke to a store associate about purchasing a video gaming console and games. The man then allegedly produced a handgun and demanded that the associate give him the merchandise. The man reportedly took a video gaming console, video games, and an action figure at which time he fled the store before police arrived.

A short time later, Bolingbrook Police, learning of the Joliet Gamestop robbery, contacted their local Gamestop on North Weber Road in Bolingbrook and provided employees with a description of the man. The Bolingbrook location called police a short time later saying a man matching the description of the suspect had arrived in their store.

Bolingbrook Police arrived on the scene and identified the suspect as 25-year-old Jocqui McGee of Bellwood.

According to police, McGee was found to be in possession of a loaded handgun while in the store and was taken into custody. Joliet Police Detectives traveled to Bolingbrook Police Department and interviewed McGee, who made statements implicating himself in the armed robbery.

“This sort of criminal activity will simply not be tolerated. I want to express my appreciation to the diligent members of the Joliet Police Department, who thoroughly investigated this crime and quickly disseminated suspect information. Thank you to the Bolingbrook Police Department for their quick assistance in apprehending Mr. McGee” said Joliet Police Chief Al Roechner.

McGee has been arrested by Joliet Police Detectives, booked and transported to the Will County Jail on counts of Armed Robbery in Joliet, and charged by Bolingbrook Police for possessing a weapon in their jurisdiction.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related articles

Grayslake Woman Leads Indiana Police on 110 MPH Chase on I-65 Amidst Traffic from Fatal Crash; Four-Year-Old Found in Vehicle

Lake County, IN - A routine traffic stop turned into a high-speed pursuit on I-65 Tuesday afternoon after...

Indiana Man Killed in Fatal US 52 Motorcycle Crash Thursday, Not Wearing Helmet

New Palestine, IN - A fatal accident occurred on US 52 near Creekside Drive in New Palestine on...

Urbana, IL – Shots Fired Near School, Urbana Apartment Complex, Police Seek Leads

Urbana, IL — Urbana Police responded to gunfire on Thursday near Booker T. Washington School and Hamilton on...

Will County, IL – Doorbell Camera Captures Indecent Exposure, Lockport Man Arrested

Lockport, IL - Lockport Police responded to a disturbing incident on Monday night after a doorbell camera reportedly...