PEOTONE, Ill. — For those eager beavers (or should we say, leaf-rakers) in Peotone, the Department of Streets and Alleys is back with their annual Fall leaf collection, turning your lawn’s autumn confetti into, well, nothing. But hey, it’s for the community’s good!
Starting 10/23/23 and running through 12/1/23, the leafy convoy will embark on its tree-tidying tour, weather permitting. But mark your calendars, for the branch collection finale is also set for 10/23/23.
A few housekeeping rules to make the process smooth:
- Weather woes may cause delays, or even end the show for the season.
- Leaves and mulch only, folks. No rocks, branches, or other hidden surprises. We want to keep our crew safe and our machines purring.
- Got leaves? Get them to the curb by 6 a.m. every Monday. Missed the parade? There’s always next week.
- Leave those storm drains alone! And keep the roads clear to avoid an unscheduled leafy flood.
- The vacuum tube can’t stretch like Mr. Fantastic, so keep it accessible. That means not behind mailboxes, poles, or your uncle’s beat-up Ford.
Leaves in the street? A no-go! They block drains and create mini leaf lagoons. So, get raking, Peotone, and let’s keep our village tidy!